Tuesday 1 December 2009

Computer chaos

Yes it finally happened. My computer crashed and I lost everything!

I know it's all my own fault for not backing up properly, but when your life's in as much of muddle as mine - backing up is not the kind of thing that gets done. Backing up is for organised people who have routines and can remember where they left their keys. Some days I can barely remember where I left my kids let alone my keys!

I lost my emails... I can live with that... I lost some documents... again, there's not much point worrying about that...but I lost photos and video footage of the kids which really does upset me.

I've got some photos on CD but I know there's a batch that are gone forever - and video footage of Christmas morning and birthday parties.

The computer man came round on Monday morning with my blank computer and offered to re-install all of my programmes - but of course I didn't have a clue where the discs where... anyway... to cut a long story short - my very early new year's resolution is to GET ORGANISED!

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! My heart nearly stopped as I was reading your post - all those photos/videos. I feel so sorry for you. But backing up is the last thing on all of our minds isn't it. But we know what one of your New Year's resolutions is don't we?!

    Says Julie frantically searching for blank recordable CDs to back up her own computer on!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Julie - Yes I'm full of NY resolutions already and it's not even xmas - have also persuaded hubby to give me my xmas pressie early - it's a laptop so hopefully I'll never be completely computerless again! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my fear, being computerless! I hope your laptaps a beauty. Awwh, bless husbands eh?!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could try a Photo recovery software, will get back most of the photos - Adroit Photo Recovery . They have great reviews by NYTimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Chloe - I'll give it a look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No suggestions I'm afraid. Any IT issues I just ring my IT man who comes round and fixes it. Don't know what I would do without him.

    I've got loads of 'unbackedup' photots and vids on mine and would be distraught if I lost them so you have my sympathies. Note to self...do a back up !

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete